Day 474 -- Simple Kindness

Tonight, I was sitting on the couch, feeling crummy...eating a cupcake.

My sweet daughter, Dharia Lou came by, pointed at the wrapper, and asked, "Mommy, do you want me to throw that away for you?"

I was struck and how simply kind this gesture was.  Most weekdays, I find myself appalled at how inconsiderate most high school students are, depressed about the future of our society.  So it was refreshing, delightful, and funny to find that the person looking out for me the most today was my three year-old daughter.

When I thanked her, she looked at me over her shoulder with a glowing smile and said, "You're so welcome, mommy."



What a beautiful girl, inside and out.

Thank God for this simple kindness!

Lord, thank you for this sweet moment with  my daughter tonight.  Thank you that she has this amazing capacity for kindness and helpfulness.  Please continue to foster this in her as she grows.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!