Day 475 -- Sick-Day Colby

My husband takes excellent care of me when I am sick.

He gets me whatever food or drink that I want.  He made a run for a Coke slushy and a thin-crust pizza tonight, in addition to bringing me lots of other things to drink for my sore throat. 

He takes care of the kids and puts them all to bed while I rest in bed.

He encourages me to take multiple hot baths.

He makes me feel better about not working out.  He talks me out of my crazy obsessiveness, and makes me worry a little less about what missing one day will do to my training.

He looks at me in my disgusting pajamas, and with my limp, un-done hair and still tells me that I'm beautiful.

I feel grateful for this man, who takes care of me at my very worst.

Thank God for my sick-day Colby!

Lord, thank you for my husband, who took such good care of me today.  Thank you that he is willing to take on all of this work to help give me some rest and the chance to recover.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Suzanne Gibbs said…
You two love-birds are so completely adorable! I love you both!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!