Day 479 -- Back On Track

Tonight, I'm glad to be back on track with my training.  This week I was severely ill, so much so that I missed three solid days of training in a row.  It just wasn't possible for me to get in the work out sessions that I had scheduled.  More than the physical toll this took on me, I was a mental basketcase, obsessing over the seemingly devastating effects this would have on my ability to complete the Ironman.

On Friday, even though I still felt crummy, I slogged my way through an hour and forty minute run, though I couldn't do the swim I was supposed to afterwards due to the exhaustion I felt.

Then yesterday, I fought my way through a 3 hour bike ride and a 30 minute brick run directly afterwards.  I started to regain my strength and confidence.

Today, I completed my long swim and I felt great the whole time.

I am so grateful that I was able to battle against this set back and get back on track.

Thank God I'm back on track!

Dear God, thank you for helping me to get better.  Thank you for giving me the strength to complete my final long workouts this week and for the mental boost this has given me.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Kristin said…
I am 99% sure I saw you biking along Superior on Saturday. I was taking my dog for a walk...:)

I don't like that its the only time I see you!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!