Day 483 -- Ugly Mug and Lilacs

Many years ago, my husband and I signed up for a class where we had pizza, pop, and learned to fashion and ugly-mug out of clay. Basically, it was a container that could be used as a vase or a mug that was fashioned to look like a face. I have always been a huge fan of my ugly mug, as I believe it to be the single most artistic thing I have ever created. The ugly mug is a perfect container for lilacs too, because it makes him look like he has a strange purple 'fro of sorts, which I get a big kick out of. Tonight, we stopped by the side of the road so I could gather up an armful of fragrant flowers, and when I got home, I was happy to fill up my ugly mug with them. I was even happier to hear Breslin exclaim, "Mommy, he's got purple hair!" It's a blessing to know that my son shares my tendency to be easily amused.

Thank God for the ugly mug and lilacs!

Dear God, thank you for little things that make us smile.  Thank you for the season of lilacs and for a chance to use the ugly mug.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
that's awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!