Day 485 -- Could Have Been Worse

I was on a long bike ride today.  About 3/4 of the way through, I fell and landed hard.  So hard, in fact, that I was sure I had broken something on my left side...a hand, an arm, a finger or two, a rib.

I called my husband, who didn't answer.  After a while, I managed to get back on my bike and keep riding.  It hurt like crazy, but I kept thinking about how much worse it could have been.  Eventually, I couldn't go any further because of the pain that I was in, and Colby came to get me.

Through the tears, on the side of the road, I thought,

I could have been hit by a car. 

I could have not had my phone.

I could have been farther away from home.

I'm a little stiff tonight, but I'm thankful that it was only as bad as it was, and not any worse.  I'm not in the hospital and I don't think I actually broke anything, miraculously.  Sure, I didn't finish the bike ride, or the run that was supposed to have followed, which you know is driving me nuts.  But, truly that is small potatoes to what could have been.

Thank God it could have been worse!

Dear God, thank you for your protection today.  Please help me to heal quickly so that I can continue my training.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!