Day 498 -- Ride in the VW

My aunt has this super-cute cherry red VW super Beetle, which I like to admire when I come over to her house.  And when I say "admire", I definitely do not mean "get insanely jealous". 

I don't. 

I don't.
 

The kids were staying with my aunt and uncle tonight for a couple of hours so that Colby and I could grab a bit to eat and spend some time together.  Colby whisked me out the door just as Suz was leaving to pick up the pizzas she had ordered for dinner.  As we backed out of their driveway, I saw the garage door open with her holding the wheel of the adorable super Beetle.  As we inched our way down the driveway, I gasped with a rapturous squeak to see two little heads in the backseat. 

They were connected to two cute  little bodies, because if they weren't, this really wouldn't be a very good story at all.

Breslin and Dharia got their first ride in a Volkswagon tonight.   Grins from ear to ear, waving fingers, and noses plastered to the windows, well, they looked like naturals back there.

I grew up around Volkswagon Beetles and have loved them since I was a little girl.  It was so totally awesome to see my kids getting to experience something that I have been crazy about for a long time.

Thank God for a ride in the VW!

Dear God, thank you that Dharia and Breslin got a chance to ride in the bug tonight.  Thank you for Suz, who is so cool and always shows my kids a great time.  Thank you for VW bugs, which are awesome.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!