Day 502 -- Djoolie!

I have honestly been trying out the best way to spell this out phonetically since before 7 am.

Both days this week, as we slow down to turn left from M-60 into the Heaven's Little Helpers parking lot, AJ has let out a cry of delight upon seeing the building:

"DJOOOOOLIE!"

That's, Julie, in case you didn't know.

(Just try to say a d and a j together when you say Julie.  That seems to be the best way for me to describe it.  Seriously, go ahead.  You know you want to.)

Julie is AJ's lead teacher at HLH and is hands-down stinkin' fabulous.  Of course, we love all of the teachers there, but Julie holds a special place in AJ's heart. 

Dropping the kids off at daycare is always a bit of a question mark.  It can be and easy, seamless transition -- in and out and back on the road in 5 minutes -- or it can be a disaster of gigantic proportions.  One not-so-memorable morning, we had a goldfish spill, a fall, and a pulling-hair fight just while walking up to the door.  And it was raining.  Days like that can easily be a 20 minute turn around time. 

At this time of year, the kids are tired.  It's hard when they have to get up so early day in and day out.  Breslin and Dharia, especially seem to be feeling the effects, and almost every morning one of them has a meltdown at drop-off.

But not my AJ.

She grins from ear to ear, kicks her feet in anticipation while I get her unstrapped from her car seat, and waddle-runs to the front door so that she can see her (second) favorite person in the world.

Today, I'm so thankful that I can count on one of my kids to be happy in the morning.  I'm thankful that we have such a lovely person in our lives that brings joy to my daughter.  And not only is Julie the reason for AJ to get up in the morning, but she is understanding, professional, smart, and great with my kids.  That means I'm a pretty big fan of her too.

Thank God for Djoolie!

God, thank you for Julie and for what she means to my daughter.  Thank you for the way she interacts with and takes care of my kids.  Thank you that seeing her face in the morning means AJ is happy when I drop her off.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!