Day 504 -- Ugly Feet

I have really ugly feet.

I have a blister on every single toe.

I am missing several toenails (which was interesting to explain to the woman doing my pedicure a few weekends ago).

They are gross.

But, I'm proud of my ugly feet and what they represent, mainly miles and miles of running.  Running in the rain, running in the heat, running when I didn't want to, running with the jogging stroller, running fast, running slow, running because I needed therapy, running before swimming, running in the morning, running because I am lucky enough to be able to run, running off a bad school day, running after biking, running off slices of pizza, running to beat the Garmin, running to write a commencement speech, running to clear my head, running to be free, running to finish an Ironman, running to gain perspective, running to wake up, running to figure out who I am, running to decide who I want to be, running to listen to good music on my iPod, running to see how far I can go, running so that I can eat whatever I want, running to have something to be proud of, running, running, running.

I see a lot when I look at my ugly feet.  They may not look the best in sandals, but they do their job well. 

Thank God for my ugly feet!

Dear God, thank you for my ugly feet.  Thank you for the role that running plays in my life and that my feet allow me to do it.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!