Day 511 -- A New Friend

Our next door neighbors were babysitting the four-year old daughter of friend tonight.  When we got home, they asked if she could come over and jump on the trampoline and play on the swingset.  When Dharia saw a little girl about her age playing in her backyard, she was off the couch with her shoes on, running out the door within a matter of seconds.  For over an hour, the girls bounced, giggled, took turns going down the slide, and pushed each other on the swing.  When she had to go back to our neighbor's house for dinner, Dharia was devastated.  It was really cute to see our social butterfly fall completely in love with a new friend so quickly. 

While the girls played, Breslin entertained our neighbor.  I couldn't help but chuckle as he introduced her to our "huge conifer tree" and asked her to choose her favorite planet in the solar system. 

On this beautiful night, I was grateful to see my kids happily playing and thankful that my daughter was so kind and welcoming to a new friend.

Thank God for a new friend!

God, thank you for the opporunity Dharia had to make a new friend today.  Thank you for the time outside.  Thank you for giving me such a kind and friendly little girl.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
OK... laughed out loud about the conifer tree! Have I mentioned lately how much I like your kids?!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!