Day 514 -- 70 Miles

Today, I rode over 70 miles on my bike.  I wasn't sure how it would go, but I did it!  I am amazed and proud, but still overwhelmed at what  long way I still have to go before I'm ready for July 22 in Lake Placid.

It was hot and muggy and I went through the water in my Camelback within the first 40 miles.  I have some pretty interesting tan lines and have been gulping water all afternoon, but other than that, I am no worse for the wear. 

I feel grateful that while I was on my bike, all of my family was out doing something they loved, so I didn't have to feel guilty about being away from them.  Breslin and Dharia had spent the night with my mom, so they were enjoying some high-quality time with their Nana and Papa Bob.  AJ was hanging out and loving on my dad.  Colby was attending a breakfast with some colleagues and authors from the Nerdy Book Club in Michigan City, Indiana.

So, I had nothing to do but ride, ride, ride.  I got home safely, despite falling (again), encountering some monster hills, riding/turning on loose stone, and avoiding a runaway horse! 

Thank God for 70 miles!

God, thank you for seeing me safely through 70 miles today.  Thank you for the physical ability to ride my bike and that my family was all out haing fun while I was gone.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

april. said…
Geessh! You're a beast! A beautiful beast. But a beast nonetheless.

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!