Day 520 -- Alma

Today, my mom and I decided to run the Alma Highland Festival 8 mile race on our way up to
Clare to visit.  We had a great time hanging out together and were both pleased with our races.  My mom won her age group, and I was the overall female winner!  Besides just running, we had time to hang out before the race and we got to peruse the Alma bookstore and the Scottish festivities before heading out. 

I felt so lucky to have this quality time with my mom today.  We had such a great time being together and encouraging each other through the race. 

I am also grateful for the part that Alma College played in my life.  At Alma, I feel that I had the best educational experience.  My classes were challenging, but I never felt as thought it would be impossible to do well.  I had great friends, phenomenal professors, and amazing teammates.  I felt thankful to have the opportunity to visit this special place again today.

Thank God for Alma!

Lord, thank you for a great race today and for the chance to hang out with my mom in Alma.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!