Day 523 -- Haircuts

My aunt was kind enough to give my husband and son haircuts yesterday.  Despite having had people over at her house all day in the hot weather, she was happy to give of herself one more time before being able to relax for the evening.

Or, she couldn't stand how they looked with their long, disheveled locks and had to do something about it. 

Either way, it was nice of her.

I can't stand it when Colby's hair is long.  I give all of the subtle, nice hints that I possibly can when it starts to grow out, but my husband does not respond well to subtlety, I've found.  Eventually, I just have to be blunt or even threaten to not go out in public with him or withhold certain extra-curricular activities until he does something about it. 

Even then, it still usually takes a couple of weeks of this before I see any results.

Breslin, on the other hand has always had a major problem with haircuts.  Just saying the word "haircut" is enough to make him dissolve into tears, and he spends most of the actual haircut in a screaming, sweaty mess.  This is why we can't go to an actual salon or barber shop...we scare people.  Breslin makes a haircut look as though it is actual torture, so naturally we only subject our family members to this.  Plus, Suzanne does it for free, and why would I pay to torture my son?

My aunt isn't ruffled at all by Breslin's behavior or by Colby's ridiculousness.  She just quickly and efficiently gets the job done with a smile on her face.  I love that she does this for us. 

And when I saw Breslin after a long day at school, his little face looked so handsome with his new haircut.  I was so thankful that I got the chance to forget and re-remember how good he looked with this short hair today.

Later, I did the same thing when I saw my husband.  He's so handsome when he doesn't look homeless!

I am incredibly grateful that I have such good looking boys at my house and doubly thankful that I have an aunt who is willing to give them amazing haircuts at a very reasonable price!

Thanks, Suz!  You're the best! XOXO

Thank God for haircuts!

Dear Lord, that you for my handsome boys and for their nice-looking hair.  Thank you for my aunt, who so generously offers to do this service for us.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!