Day 526 -- Pop Princess

I'm not sure why, really, but I've been digging the music on the radio lately.  I'm not usually a huge fan of whatever is on the top-40 stations, but the past month of so has found me tuning into and turning up songs like "Call Me, Maybe", "What Makes You Beautiful", and "Tonight".  My little AJ has turned into quite the pop princess.  Not only does she love boppin' to the music coming out of the radio with a huge smile on her face, it became apparent this morning that she has also memorized many of the lyrics.   I was hum-singing "Call Me, Maybe" as we were going into daycare, and when I would pause for a second, she would fill in the next words.

For example:

Me: "Hey, I just met you...and this is..."

AJ: "Crazy!"

Me: "But here's my number"

AJ: "Call me, maybe!"

After some experimentation, it appears as though she can sing the lyrics with Taylor Swift, Adele, and Usher as well.

"Oooh, baby, baby -- ooooh, baby, baby!"

It's really hard to completely capture the hilarity and cuteness here.  A video is definitely in order.

I love that she has found a love of pop music and can passionately sing along to the music she enjoys so much.

Thank God for my little pop princess!

Lord, thank you for AJ and for her musical abilities.   Thank you for small things that you give to me every day so that I can laugh.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!