Day 531 -- Graduation

Today Breslin graduated from pre-school.  There was a ceremony with 4 and 5 year-olds resplendent in miniature robes, tiny mortarboards,  and tassles.  They sang songs and had their names announced , walking one at a time across the stage to receive their diploma.  The kids going to kindergarten next year wore yellow to signify moving from pre-school to elementary school while the other kids wore blue to show, well...to show that they're not, I guess. 

It was a little sad, but mostly hilarious and fun, especially after the pomp and circumstance of the "real" graduation I was at on Sunday.

I guess what I am thankful for tonight is a chance to be with my wonderful kids and celebrate a milestone.  Of course, this wouldn't be possible without some phenomenal teachers who give of their own time and energy to put on such an event.  So, I'm very grateful for that as well.

And, naturally, I'm thankful for the pictures that always seem to result from these sorts of opportunities:









Thank God for Graduation!

Lord, thank you for the staff at Heaven's Little Helpers and for all the work they did to make tonight's ceremony possible.  Thank you for the way that they love our kids.  Thank you for the chance to take a lot of great picutres and have memories of Breslin's time in pre-school.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!