Day 538 -- Pool Party

So, first of all, can you tell Colby posted for me yesterday?  I passed out around 8 pm after a not-so-long day.  Just tired.  I think with reaching the peak hours of my training, I'm just going to have to accept the fact that I'm going to need some extra sleep, or you will continue to see 2 sentence posts dictated to my husband as my eyes roll back into my head.

The bubbles yesterday were cool.  It was one of those serendipitous moments when I managed to change the course of an entire evening just by opening up a cupboard in the kitchen and seeing 3 brand-new, unopened bubble wands.  The kids were grumpy, but when they got sight of those bubble wands, the tables completely turned.  The girls giggled and chased bubbles for a solid hour, and even were able to work the bubble wands somewhat competently by the end.

I love summer, because the posts become significantly more light.  Yesterday, bubbles.  Today, pool party!

My friend Kim has a fantastic pool, at least so I'd heard.  She has two little boys and we always talked about getting together over the summer to go swimming.  It's one of those things that you talk about a lot, but as the summer progresses, it just gets away from you and never actually transpires.  Since we were working at school Monday and Tuesday, we decided that this year it would happen no matter what.  We scheduled a pool party for this afternoon.  My colleague Jeff and his wife brought their three kids as well and we spent several hours splashing, sliding, laughing, snacking, and all-in-all just having a blast.  It was a perfect beginning to summer.

One thing that was especially great was the giant water slide in the pool.  Dharia decided that instead of just getting in the pool, she would instead make a dramatic entrance by climbing to the top and screaming down as fast as she could.  All three put mileage on that slide, showing no fear as they careened down into the water, making an impressive splash.

There were also little water nets that we could put the two littlest girls into and let float around.  We overheard AJ say to Mary, "I love you , Mary."  I think it's great to see our kids form these relationships. 

On the way home, we had three very happy, very pooped kids.

Thank God for our pool party!

Dear God, thank you for an awesome start to summer with families that we love.  Thank you for the friendships our kids are forming and for giving us the opportunity today to do something we've meant to for so long.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!