Day 541 -- Patient Hubby

Love is patient.

While I would never use patient as a word to describe myself, it does a phenomenal job of characterizing my husband.

The man has been so patient with me, especially in regards to my training, which I could never fully make you understand with my words how much I appreciate.

Not only does training take an incredible amount of time, which he patiently accommodates -- putting kids to bed, picking up kids from daycare, putting off his own work outs, but it is a near-constant mental-head game, in which he must continuously counsel me.

Just last night, as I was having a breakdown about being able to finish the bike course in Lake Placid, he was unflaggingly supportive, though it would have been easy to roll his eyes and say/think, "Oh geez, not this again!"

Today, after coming home from a long bike ride and feeling just miserable the entire time (which didn't help me mentally, by the way), he lovingly got me something to eat, and encouraged me to lay down for a nap (after spending all morning wrangling three kids all by himself).

Unfortunately, my husband sees the not-so-hot parts of me that every one else doesn't have to. 

Fortunately, he loves me any way.

I am so thankful for my patient husband, who has given of himself so completely in allowing me to chase this dream.  I quite literally could not do this without him.

Thank God for my patient hubby!

Lord, thank you for Colby's patience and support through training.  Help me to show him how very much ti means to me.  Thank you for blessing me with Colby as a husband and for giving me this gift so that I can pursue my dreams.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!