Day 543 -- Somewhere Over the Rainbow



I sang this song at a wedding, once upon a time.  The bride loves The Wizard of Oz, and as her grandparents, mom, and the groom's parents were seated, I sang it while my aunt accompanied me on the piano.  I say this because otherwise I would probably never know the words completely, and these days I sing it at least once a day to either Dharia or AJ who call it "The Rainbow Song".  Both girls now also know the words and sometimes join in with me, but mostly they like it as a soothing bedtime/naptime lullaby.

Today, AJ and I were sitting on the back porch as an incredible thunderstorm was rolling in.  I love thunderstorms, but Miss AJ wasn't so sure about the sudden darkness, booming thunder, and gusting wind.  She crawled up to my lap and I held her and rocked her  (which was just terrible, you know).  I started to hum a little bit, when she looked up and me and said, "Rainbow song, please."  I sang to her and I could feel her physically relax, like she was thinking that if I was singing her that song, everything must be okay.

It was a nice moment, and I am thankful to have this song to share with my daughters.

Thank God for "Somwhere Over the Rainbow"!

Lord, thank you for a special song that helps my daughters feel safe and loved.  Thank you for the opportunity to sing it to AJ today to comfort her.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!