Day 548 -- The Jolly Green Junction

The Jolly Green Junction is a fixture in Albion.  It's the place to go for plants, fresh veggies, and garden/home decor. 

That's probably why I haven't been there a whole lot.

Tonight marked my second trip to the Jolly Green Junction.  You see, I had some beautiful begonias planted in pots by my front door, but something had been digging them up and leaving them for dead in the middle of the night.  I would replant them in the morning after witnessing the carnage, but needless to say, my beautiful begonias were looking pretty rough after a few nights of this.  Flower stumps just don't have the same appeal as the blooming, lush, full variety.

So, Colby suggested I go to the Jolly Green Junction and talk to someone about what to do.  Someone who actually knows what the heck they are talking about.

Because, after all, if you know me in the least, you know that plants and I have a history.  Issues if you will.  Plants shiver in fear when they see me coming.  I try not to push my luck, find myself killing off plants even when it has nothing to do with me -- take this instance, for example (although let's not kid ourselves, most of the time it has everything to do with me).  Depsite my track record, I keep buying them, because I really do love a living plant.

Dharia and I hopped in the car and away we went, about twenty minutes before Jolly Green Junction closed for the evening.

A very wonderful lady at JGJ told me that the problem was raccoons, and that it wasn't the plant that they were after, it was the little white balls that are inside of the soil.  She told me to sprinkle some cayenne pepper on the plants and the raccoons should leave them alone.  How 'bout that? 

Naturally, I needed to replace the pitiful begonia stumps, so she suggested some delightful combinations that made my pots look much improved.  Since we were at it, I decided to make over my big pot by the garage as well, which up to this point at the house has been filled with...well, weeds.  She helped me pick out some excellent candidates for this expansive, shady location and, to top it all off, gave me a great deal.  To make the experience perfect, she gave Dharia a piece of stick candy at the register when we paid.   Doesn't get much better than that!

When we got home, Dharia helped me to plant our new items and to sprinkle some cayenne pepper around the front of the house.  Our pots look awesome, if I do say so myself!  I was thankful for the kindness, patience, and helpfulness of the lady at Jolly Green Junction and for the opportunity to support one of my local businesses. 

Here's hoping the plants live!  If they don't, at least I'll know where to go!

Seriously, maybe it doesn't seem like much to you, but it is WORLD's better than what was there before.  And Dharia picked the pink flowers, of course.

The pot in the bottom right was previously filled with a 7 ft vertical mass of weeds.  Another big improvement.


Thank God for the Jolly Green Junction!

Lord, thank you for the chance to support an Albion business tonight.  Thank you that it was a great, fun, and informative experience.  Thanks for the beauty of your creation and for the innovation and creativity you show in the plant life you made.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!