Day 549 -- Shaving

I made a pact with myself that I wouldn't shave my legs until after I had completed this week's training.

Stupid, right?

How is it that I fully realized how stupid this was, yet couldn't bring myself to actually shave my legs until after I finished my final swim today?  I guess I was thinking of it as a sort of reward for myself, but really I think it ended up being more of a punishment for Colby than anything else.

As the week progressed, I started to feel more gross as I watched my leg hair grow.  In a twisted way, it gave me extra incentive for finishing the workouts.  You know, this week marked the absolute highest volume of training in my entire program, so it was a brutal, exhausting week physically and mentally getting everything in.  What would I have done if I hadn't finished my Century (Plus) bike ride on Friday, or completed my 21.2 mile run today, or decided the hour open water swim was just a little too much after a long run this afternoon?  Would my leg hair have grown forever?  Fortunately, we'll never have to know the answer to that question. 

My legs were looking pretty cavewoman-ish up until about 6:30 this afternoon.  It felt great to have shiny, smooth legs, sure; but what felt even better was knowing that my longest week of training was in the books.

No, this is not a "before" shot, but it's kind of how I was perceiving my legs in my mind before today...it's not  every day that a picture of a complete stranger's legs can make it onto my blog, you know.
Thank God for shaving!

Dear God, thank you for helping me through a tough week and for the "reward" I got today.  Thank you for the feeling I have knowing I did every workout.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!