Day 550 -- Group Ride

Tonight I did a group bike ride with a bunch of cyclists at Team Active in Battle Creek, Michigan.  Normally, I'm pretty intimidated by other cyclists, mostly because I don't really know what I'm doing.  Basically my strategy is to just get on the bike and pedal my little heart out.  True cyclists know a lot more than that.  I went tonight because I figured it couldn't be anything but good for me, and it would be a good way to break up the monotony of these long bike rides. 

I was right on both accounts.  It was good for me because I learned so much about my bike and how to ride it in the short 90 minutes of the ride.  I learned the best way to climb hills (should come in handy in Lake Placid) and what my optimum cadence should be.  It was good for me because I pushed myself.  By staying with the group, I found myself riding at a much faster pace, and it felt really good.  It wasn't too hard, but it felt great to be flying down the road on Quicksilver.  It broke up the monotony because there were a lot of really nice people to talk to and the scenery was different from what I have been used to. 

I am thankful tonight that I was brave enough to give it a try, and I'm grateful for all of the wonderful people I meant and the things that I learned.

Thank God for a group ride!

Dear God, thank you for a good experience tonight.  Thank you for all of the friendly faces who were willing to teach me things that will help me down the road.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!