Day 553 -- Shower Caddy

Today is going to be the world's most shallow post.  You see, I have had the same shower caddy since we moved into our house almost five years ago.  It was one of those nickel-finished ones that goes over the shower head and then has suction cups to keep it anchored to the wall.  Well, for about the past year or so (not an exaggeration, I'm sorry to say), the suction cups have not kept it anchored to the wall, which resulted in the whole thing swinging precariously from the showerhead.  Every time you attempted to get it re-attached, it would just fall again, making shampoo bottles and bars of soap fly all over the place in the shower.  This was usually accompanied by shouts of frustration.  The whole apparatus was also covered in rust, contributing to the overall effect.  Taking a shower in the morning was becoming an exercise in irritation -- not a good way to start your day.  I am grateful that today I got to throw that piece of junk in the dumpster, for today I bought a brand new shower caddy.  Not only is it made of rust-free plastic, it is a corner mounted model that is fabulously sturdy.  I never thought such a small thing would bring me so much happiness. 

Thank God for my new shower caddy!

Dear God, thank you for stupid little things that make life better.  Thank you for the chance to get ride of something extremely annoying today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!