Day 564 -- The Joke

Colby taught the kids a new joke today at the park.  So, all day, the two older kids have been doing variations of this:



What I love the most about it, though, is that for the two of them, it never gets old.  I mean, every single time it's the same thing, but they both laugh as though they've never heard anything funnier (which is entirely possible).  In fact, sometimes, Breslin dissolves in giggles well before "eight" and Dharia is so excited to get there that she skips numbers just so that she can say the punchline. 

It's pure, simple joy and it can't help but be rubbed off on you a little bit.

So, today I'm thankful for a dumb joke that gave my kids so much happiness, and for the joy I felt hearing them laugh.

Thank God for the joke!

Dear Lord, thank you for simple joys and for the chance to laugh.  Thank you for my kids, who bring joy to my life daily.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!