Day 574 -- Burlington, Day 1

Burlington, Vermont, Day 1:

10:30 am (hey, give us a break, we got in a 2:30 am!): Breakfast at the Penny Cluse Cafe, downtown Burlington.  I had Huevos Verdes.  Oh man, it was good.
How cute is this menu?
My huevos verdes...ooh baby.

11:30 am - 1 pm: Shopping/Sightseeing in the Church Street Market Place in downtown Burlington.  There were tons of cute little boutiques that Colby just loved.  Okay, that's not true.  It was me.
 

1:30 pm: Got this awesome video from my dad of him and the kids:


2 pm: Nap at the hotel while Colby drove to pick up my bike.  YES.

3:30 pm: Re-united with Quicksilver.  Took an hour tour through the backroads of Burlington and was stupefied by the number of hills I had to climb.  But, the good new was, I didn't get hit by a car.  Because, I was pretty sure I was going to.  It's nerve-wracking to bike when it's so hilly.

5:30 pm: Dinner on Church Street.  Colby and I ordered a cheese plate and felt like all of a sudden we turned 48 years old.  But, dinner was very tasty.

8 pm: Strolled the streets of Burlington and the shore of Lake Champlain.  Watched the sunset over the mountains on the bluff.


9:30 pm: Stopped at Ben and Jerry's for some ice cream.


10 pm: Skyped with my kids and my dad.  Got to hear AJ say "Daddy, you my best friend" and "Mommy, I love you so much!"

It was a darn good day.

Thank God for Burlington, Day 1!

Lord, thank you for giving us a fun, relaxing day together.  Please give us rest tonight and a good day tomorrow as we travel to Lake Placid.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Chelsea P said…
you are SO tan :-)
I love that you are doing this.
I love that your dad still plays his trumpet :)
Does he still throw apples to band members in the stands, too?
Kristin said…
I LOVE your dress in the last picture. good luck girl!! Cheering you on!
Suzanne Gibbs said…
SO very cool!!! I'm so glad you're having a great time!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!