Day 575 -- Saranac Lake Inn

Colby and I took a ferry across Lake Champlain this morning and ended up in Lake Placid.  I got myself checked-in for the race and then we got the heck out of there because the town of Lake Placid was crazy with triathletes.  It made me anxious, so we decided to see if we could check into our hotel early.  Driving just a few miles out of Lake Placid, we found that Saranac Lake was a pleasant haven away from the insanity. 

The view from the balcony of our room.
We were more than pleasantly surprised to find that Gauthier's Saranac Inn, which we booked more than a year ago, is a great little hotel.  The innkeeper was more than happy to let us check in early.  When we walked in to our room, we both let out a little gasp of surprise.  It has big windows that look over Sarnac Lake and a little balcony where we can sit.  I was also thrilled to find that the Saranac Lake Inn has been awarded for it's efforts to be environmentally friendly! 

I am thankful that this hotel, that we book last year upon registering for the race is such a wonderful, relaxing place.  Colby and I have had a wonderful experience so far, and I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of our stay.

Thank God for the Saranac Lake Inn!

God, thank you for this great little place.  Thank you that it has exceeded our expectations.  Thank you for the relaxing, comfortable atmosphere.  In your name I pray, Amen.

In other news, my mom has AJ and Breslin for a couple of days this weekend.  She sent me this picture of AJ working hard at making a "Good Job, Mommy" picture tonight.  If that isn't sweet, I don't know what it is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!