Day 578 -- Meeting Kate Messner


I'm thankful that today when we traveled back to Burlington I got to meet Colby's author friend, Kate Messner and her family, for ice cream. We met at Ben and Jerry's and had a great time discussing books, the Ironman, and the weather (Kate's husband is a meteorologist).

Kate is an amazing author (according to Colby, the one of the premier authors of middle grade books) and has published books for itty-bitties through eigth graders.  It was pretty awe-inspiring to be sitting across from someone whose book I literally just saw in a book store.  But, at the same time she was handing us an autographed copy of her latest book, Capture the Flag, she wanted to know all about the triathlon and was grateful to my husband for inspiring/promoting her work on the 3rd book in the Marty McGuire series.  It was very cool to hear an author thank my husband.  It was wonderful to meet someone that he loves so much and is so inspired by.  He talks about her and her work almost constantly, but the odds were very small that I would actually meet her-- Colby himself has only seen her one other time in person.  She lives ON Lake Champlain -- how cool is that!

We had a wonderful time at Ben and Jerry's (again) and a splendid time getting to know a very incredible family.

Thank God I got to meet Kate Messner

Lord, thank you for giving me an opportunity to meet one of Colby's friends. Thank you for the conversations we had, and for  bringing us back to Burlington safely. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!