Day 583 -- Seeing Grandparents

I am so incredibly thankful that today I got to see some very special people in my life -- both sets of my grandparents. 

This hasn't happened very often in my adult life.  Sure, when I was a kid, I would see my grandparents together at birthday parties and the like, but at 30, not so much.

My Grandpa Stuart celebrated his 80th birthday yesterday, so we went out to their log cabin in Leonidas, Michigan this afternoon to have cake and ice cream.  We spent time together watching Breslin, Dharia, and AJ swim in the river I spent many days of my own childhood immersed within.  My Grandma Stuart makes a mean punch and always seems to know just when I need some coffee.  It was a wonderful and relaxing time spent together celebrating my grandpa, who is one of my favorite people in the whole wide world.  I love listening to and laughing at his stories.

Straight from the cabin, we headed up to Hawk Island County Park in Lansing to meet my mom, Evan and Laura, my Uncle Dave, and my Grandmommy and Grandpa to celebrate Dharia's birthday.  It meant so much to me that my grandparents were willing to drive from Clare all the way down just to be there for Dharia.  You can tell that they just love the snot out of my kids.  They watched the kids run around the Splash Pad (a super cool, zero-depth water park sort of deal):



They even got Dharia some amazing presents, including some silly string which she got a huge kick out of.  We sang "Happy Birthday", ate some pizza, had some tasty ice cream cake, and opened some presents.  At the end of it all my grandparents had to drive all the way back to Clare, but not before sending us away with some green beans from their garden -- yum!  I loved being able to give them hugs and see them talk and play with my kids. My grandmommy gave me a HUGE hug and told me how proud she was of me for completing the Ironman.  That made me feel awesome.

Both sets of my grandparents have been huge influences in my life.  That's a whole 'nother post for another day.  But, I will say that I was profoundly grateful to be able to see them all today.  They always make me feel so loved and special, and who doesn't like that feeling?  Today was definitely not an exception.

Thank God for seeing my grandparents!

Lord, thank you for the opportunity to see all of my grandparents today.  Thank you for celebrations and the chance to get together.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!