Day 584 -- Double Take

I have been sick today, so I spent the better part of five hours in the heart of the day sleeping.  When I stumbled out of my room, this picture shows what was directly in my line of sight as I opened the door.  I did a cartoon-style double take, shaking the sleep from my head to verify that I was really seeing what I thought I was seeing.

This is Dharia passed out cold in her toy box.  I'm not sure whether she opened the lid and thought it might be a good place to sleep, or if she was was playing and just dropped.  Either way, it's pretty funny.

Dharia has always been my funny girl, the one who just does strange things that make me laugh.  I am so grateful for her and for this facet of her personality.  I am thankful that she was able to get some rest today, albeit somewhat unconventionally.

Thank God for a double take!

Lord, thank you for the funny things that my kids say and do that make life interesting.  Thank you for my Dharia and her uniquely strange and beautiful personality.  Thank you that we were both able to get some rest today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!