Day 586 -- Talk at Panera

After the triathlon, we decided to use a bike transport company to get my Quicksilver back to Michigan.  It was easier and cheaper, so what wasn't to love?  The only drawback to the whole deal was that the nearest bike shop to ship to was in Fraser, Michigan -- a good two hour drive from Albion. 

What would have been sort of a drag turned into a great day when my good friend J agreed to meet me at the Panera Bread in Canton.  Since she lives over that way, she was willing to drive a ways to have coffee with me.  Colby dropped me off in Canton, drove the remaining distance to Fraser and picked up the bike.  By the time he got back with Quicksilver, I had the opportunity sit and talk with my friend for over two and a half hours.  It went by so quickly, and I was incredibly grateful for the opportunity to relax and catch up.  Instead of sitting in a car for that time, I got to have a great morning with my friend over coffee.

Thank God for a talk at Panera!

Lord, thank you for your ability to turn crummy situations into good ones.  Thank you for the unexpected time with my friend today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!