Day 591 -- Disney Movie Marathon

I fully intended to have a day packed with of fun and adventure.  We have been lurking about the house way too much lately, which makes me more than a little crazy.  This morning, I dreamed up some grand options for whisking the kids away.  I thought about a spontaneous camping trip to a beach town, a trip to the John Ball Zoo and Aquarium in Grand Rapids, or a day of geocaching in a random town.

Then Dharia woke up with a fever of monster proportions and that was the end of that.

I fought my own petulance and desire to pout as I contemplated the consequences of yet another day at home.

Then, Dharia asked me to cuddle up with her on the couch.  Once I got bundled in next to her, she wouldn't let me leave. 



To kill some time, I started Lilo and Stitch and had the delight of watching her experience this amazing movie from Disney for the very first time.  I realized that my kids have had very little exposure to the fantastic, classic Disney movies from when I was a little girl.  I didn't have The Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, but we were able to follow up Lilo and Stitch with what I believe was a fairly respectable marathon of Disney flicks: Mulan, The Emperor's New Groove, Pocahontas, and Toy Story 3

To be fair, Dharia fell into a much-needed deep sleep at the end of The Emperor's New Groove, but other than that, she laughed, cried, and was otherwise thoroughly mesmerized by the Disney magic.  I have to say that I still dearly love all four of the movies we watched, and was more than willing to hold my sweet, sick girl, put my feet up on the couch, and watch them all over again.

Now that Dharia is four, I don't get the chance to hold her very often or for very long.  I am grateful for the Disney Movie Marathon that seemed to cheer her up a little bit and gave me the chance to hold her for almost 7 hours straight (not counting bathroom breaks, of course).  Even though it meant that she was sick, I was so thankful that I was stuck at home with her. It truly beat anything that I could have planned...and isn't that always God's way?

Thank God for the Disney Movie Marathon!

Lord, thank you for the chance to be there for my little girl today.  I am so grateful I was able to spend so much quality time with her today.  Please help her to feel better.  Thank you for your plans, which are always better than mine.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Kristin said…
Feel better Dharia!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!