Day 594 -- AJ's ABCs

Apparently, "The ABC Song" is now known as "AJ's ABCs". 

Let me back up a little bit.

Pretty much every night, I sing to AJ.  Her playlist never varies and always goes in the same order:

1) "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

2) "Smile"

3) "The ABC song"

4) "Twinkle, Twinkle"

That is, until the last few days when she has started requesting "Grandpa's ABCs, which is a children's church/vacation Bible school variation he taught her when we were in New York.

What threw me for a loop was the request for "AJs ABCs" that followed directly after "Grandpa's ABCs".  I only knew "Grandpa's ABCs" because he told me about it.  Was this some weird alternate rendition that only AJ knew?  After a bit, I used my reasoning skills to consider that maybe her request for "AJs ABCs" was just, in fact, the ABC song that everyone knows.  When I started to sing it to her, she nodded her head up and down like she was deeply satisfied. 

I was cracking up that this little monster feels as though this song belongs to her.

I am thankful that she enjoys music and for the opportunity to sit with her each night and sing.

Thank God for AJ's ABCs!

Lord, thank you for my daughter, who has so much confidence and spunk.  Thank you for the time I get to spend with her at night singing her songs.  Thank you for helping me figure out what "AJ's ABCs" meant.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!