Day 609 -- Ironman Ink

Not the best picture, I realize.  Do you know how unbelievably difficult it is to take a picture of your own right ankle? 

A day after finishing the Ironman, I got the M-Dot tattoo on my right ankle.  I was casually strolling down the street in Burlington, VT and saw a sign for Moose Tattoo on the sidewalk.  Throughout my entire training, I'd been going back and forth on whether or not I would get the popular, yet controversial Ironman symbol done after the race; but when it came right down to it, I didn't waffle.  I marched up those steps and in the time it took Colby to find a parking spot, I was walking out with a finished tattoo.

I took the quiz in Cosmo yesterday while I was sitting in the bathtub , and it turns out that I have their blessing to get it as well, as it is both symbolic and small.  Unfortunately, my other tats did not pass the same test.  Ah well.

Tonight I'm thankful for this permanent reminder of the best day, the biggest adventure, the most scarily fantastic dream I lived.

Thank God for my Ironman ink!

Lord, thank you for my newest tattoo and what it means to me. Please let it serve to remind me of the strength you give me every day to do what you want me to do, for your glory.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!