Day 611 -- Red Light! Green Light!

Remember Red Light, Green Light?  It's a game you might have played as a kid.  Someone sits at the "finish line" and everyone else lines up at a designated spot some distance away.  The person at the finish line yells, "Green light!" and everyone runs as fast as they can towards them.  When they yell, "Red light!" everyone has to stop.  Whoever makes it to the finish line first become the next person to yell "Red Light!  Green Light!"  Repeat, ad nauseum.

After dinner at my mom and Bob's house tonight, we played a rousing game of Red Light, Green Light.  Apparently they have learned the rules of the game at Heaven's Little Helpers.  Breslin, Dharia, AJ, my mom, and I played countless rounds, with my mom and I getting called for cheating and letting the kids win in about equal amounts.  Dharia is a stickler for the rules, so each time we would cheat, we would be severely reprimanded and sent back to the starting line.  Here she is, taking her job as "Red Light!  Green Light!" caller very seriously:
The Queen of Red Light! Green Light! Integrity on her throne.
We had individual rounds, kid only rounds, and rounds that we played in teams, so my mom would have to hold hands with one kid, and I'd hold hands with another kid.  Dharia would pass out little candies or Goldfish crackers to the winners, at her discretion.  AJ would claim she won every time.  Breslin would find a way to creep forward 3 or 4 steps after each "Red Light!" without his sisters noticing.  It was chaotic and unruly (despite Dharia's best efforts), but the giggles and smiles made it blissful

It was so fun to be silly and play a game with my kids and my mom.  After a hard day, I was so thankful for this quality time with people I love so much.

Thank God for Red Light!  Green Light!

God, thank you for a fun time together tonight.  Thank you for opportunities to be silly and play.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!