Day 613 -- Things 1, 2, and 3


Today, my aunt gave my kids a gift from her trip to Mackinaw City -- three shirts made to look like those of Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss's The Cat in the Hat.

When we got home, the first thing these crazies wanted to do was to put on their new shirts and run around the house. They were terribly cute being what they called "Wild Things", growling, and shrieking -- even going as far as to make us call them by their "Thing 1", "Thing 2", and "Thing 3" names for the rest of the evening.

I can't wait to put the take them out in public wearing the shirts. 




Now, Thing 1, Thing 2, and Thing 3 are all sleeping after a long, hard day back in the grind.  Tonight I'm thankful to be the mom of such cute little things.  They were the refreshing joy I needed after my first day back at school.

Thank God for Things 1, 2, and 3!  And thanks to Mimo for the new shirts! :)

Lord, thank you for my crazy kids and for the joy they bring into my life, even on the hardest days.  Thank you for their wild and crazy zest for life that is so infectious.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Those are three REALLY adorable Things you've got there!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!