Day 622 -- An Interesting Compliment

So, I'll take whatever compliments I can get.  Especially at school.

Today, I was standing in the hallway between periods, when I was approached by a paraprofessional I've known since I started working at Western High School.   She started off by looking at me and saying, "So, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but --"

Any time something is prefaced by "So, I hope you don't take this the wrong way..." the little hairs on the back of my arms and neck start to go up a bit.   

Anyway.

She comes up and stands next to me and says, "So I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but yesterday when you walked out on the gym floor to be introduced, I looked at your legs and said, 'Those are either the legs of a true runner...or a pole dancer!' You look great!"

I couldn't help but be shamelessly flattered.  I worked hard for these legs -- but no, not like that.  Nonetheless, it made me feel proud and good...and a little weird.

I had a little more bounce in my step and a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

Thank God for an interesting compliment!

Lord, thank you for ways you provide to encourage us -- especially the strange and unexpected ones.  In your name I pray, Amen.



Comments

Jim said…
would love to see a picture of you as Maryann!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!