Day 627 -- Pesto

It's the age-old question: What's for dinner?

I ask it a lot.

 I'm sorry, but not really sorry, to say that when I have to ask that question what turns out to be for dinner is often a Hot 'N Ready pizza from Little Caesar's.

Not tonight, though.

My sweet Dharia Lou loves to make pesto from the basil that grows in a pot on our back porch.  When I was rifling around my refrigerator tonight, I found a fresh batch we had just made.  I mixed it up with some Cream of Chicken soup, some cooked spaghetti, a little bit of milk, and some browned chicken breast, and voila! 

Green Spaghetti is it's official name.  Booger-sketti didn't stick, thank the Lord.

It was easy, different, delicious, and the girls loved it.  Colby too.  Breslin is still recovering from kindergarten and fell asleep before he could give it a try. 

I liked it.  I was thankful to provide my family with a decent, decently-healthy, homemade meal tonight -- something I'm not always able to do.

Thank God for pesto!

Lord, thank you for the inspiration a batch of pesto provided tonight.  Thank you for a quick, easy, yummy meal that my family liked.  Thank you for time spent together around the dinner table.  Help Breslin to rest up and have a good day tomorrow.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
Sorry i missed that! Sounds great!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!