Day 633 -- Sundays Just Aren't What They Used to Be

Sundays are just hard, sometimes.

They sneak up you, really.  Like Saturday, you can just kind of relax, because you know that you still have some weekend left to rest, recover, and prepare for the impending week.  Even if it's busy, in the back of your mind, Sunday is still there, looming large and hopeful on the horizon.

But then, wham!  Just like that, Sunday comes and goes and you're looking Monday right in the face.

It's hard for me to not feel sorry for myself sometimes on Sundays.  By the time we do all of our chores, take a nap, and workout, it's pretty much over.

I was in full-out pout mode tonight, when I realized that Sundays just aren't what they used to be.

When I was a student at Alma College, Sundays meant saying goodbye to Colby and being away from my family for another week.  Sure, I had good friends up at school, but as the years went by, Sundays became harder and harder to deal with.  By my junior year, most Sundays I would be in tears as I drove up 127 as late as possible.

Sundays may mean back to the grind, but tonight I'm so grateful that Sundays are what they are.  Sunday usually is the day that I get the most quality time with my kids.  Today we hung out on the porch and rode bikes over to Victory Park to hear music in the band shell.  Sunday means watching football on the couch, getting in a workout, taking a nap, and just being together doing a whole lot of nothing.  And when Sunday ends, I don't have to say goodbye to Colby, just goodnight as we snuggle up in bed. 

Thank God Sundays just aren't what they used to be!

Lord, thank you that even though Sundays are hard, they are still full of blessings because of the family you have given to me.  Help us through the week ahead.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!