Day 640 -- A Little Sore

Today I am stiff and sore.  You see, I took a pretty nasty tumble off of my bike yesterday, crossing some wet railroad tracks.  

Colby has done my posts for me the past couple of days, as you can probably tell by the grand total of 4 sentences that comprise them.  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for his help.  It has been a rough couple of days.

Long story short, yesterday I was crossing the railroad tracks by Albion College that I've gone over literally thousands of times.  It was a little wet, a little slick, and I hit the tracks at just the wrong angle to make my bike bounce and slam down on my right side.  I was pretty sure that I had broken something at first, and I laid there a good long while sort of out of it.  The Albion College Campus Security van saw me go down and spun around in the intersection of Erie and Hannah.  The man called an ambulance and stayed with me until it got there.  Since I was conscious and could bear weight, I wasn't taken to the hospital.

I felt so blessed -- it could have been so much worse! 

I was close to home and to people who could be there to help -- like the nice guys from Albion Campus Security.  How many bike rides have I been out in the middle of nowhere, where I wouldn't have been found for hours?

Quicksilver is fine.  She needs no repairs at all.

I broke NOTHING.  I have some pretty good scratches and bruises, and I am sore all over today, but I am fully intact.  I can't imagine having to deal with Homecoming this week after a hospital stay or in a cast of some variety.

I was wearing my helmet.  I felt my head bounce off the pavement as I fell.  I am pretty sure I would be dead or brain-damaged if I hadn't been wearing it yesterday.

So, tonight, I'll take being a little sore.  I'm so thankful that's all I am.  God, as always, was watching out for me and protecting me, even though I didn't deserve that.

Thank God for being a little sore!

Lord, thank you for watching over me yesterday.  Thank you for protecting me and for helping me get through an awful, scary accident unscathed.  Thank you for all of the rest I've been able to get today to recover and prepare for the week ahead.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Jim said…
am so thankful that you were close to home, wearing your helmet, and that you seem to be ok!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!