Day 641 -- Hello Kitty Bandaids

The girls accompanied me to Dollar General tonight to pick up some final touches for my "80s Character" outfit for tomorrow (it's Homecoming Week and our theme is The 1980s).  Dharia offered to carry the fluorescent pink poster board to the register, but in the process fell victim to a nasty paper cut.  While I carried her wailing through the store, I could think of one thing that was a sure bet for making her feel better -- Bandaids.

Luckily, Dollar General not only had a fine selection of Bandaids, they had ones with Hello Kitty on them.  As soon as Dharia saw them, the wailing ceased and she said "These will make me feel much better, mommy."  Naturally, as soon as AJ saw them, she started wailing and saying that she needed a Bandaid too.

Time to get out of Dollar General.

We paid for our two pieces of poster board, 2 liter of Diet Coke, and box of Hello Kitty Bandaids.

The best part of the whole event was when we got to the van.  I gave Dharia the box with AJ nearly hopping up and down upset that she did not have any herself.  Instead of ripping into it and covering herself with Bandaids, the first thing Dharia did was open up one for AJ and gingerly wrap it around her sister's tiny, chubby finger.  She then proceeded to wrap her own.  When we got home, she even made sure that I had one.

So tonight, I'm thankful that there was a simple, easy way to make my daughter feel better.  I am also grateful for my selfless, giving daughter, who is often thinking of others.

Thank God for some Hello Kitty Bandaids!

God, thank you that I was able to help my daughter feel better tonight.  Thank you for her kind, giving spirit.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!