Day 646 -- First 13.1

Today, I got to run the Bakers' Dozen Beer Run in Marshall, Michigan.  It's a very fun, laid-back, half-marathon on some beautiful back roads.  It was a perfect fall morning.  The race promised free beer and donuts at the finish line.  What more could I ask for? 

I was extremely happy with my run, finishing in my personal best time and noshing a Louie's nut roll in a comparable time at the finish line.  I also had a free beer (or two or three) from my favorite brewery, The Dark Horse, as a part of my post-race swag.

I was a part of a large posse that signed up for the race, including four people who completed their first ever half-marathon.  April, Tonya, Jenna, and Casen each finished the race today looking great!  I was so proud of them and so thankful that they now have the opportunity to revel in that amazing feeling that comes after doing something you never thought possible. 

It was a great day with wonderful people.  I am thankful that I have special people to hang out with and that for four of them, today represented a huge victory.

Thank God for their first 13.1!

Lord, thank you for helping my friends be victorious today.  Please help them to enjoy every minute of their hard-earned success.  Thank you for giving me such amazing people in my life.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!