Day 644 -- Heywood Banks

I showed this short video to my chemistry classes today to show how converting units is something we do all the time:



I love Heywood Banks (the singer/songwriter) and his wacky sense of humor. "Toast" is one of my all-time favorite songs. It's hard to hear Heywood and not have a smile one your face.

Today I was happy that I had a curriculum-based reason for showing his stuff in class. And, even though I watched it five times in a row, I still laughed every time. I would say my students found it nearly as funny as I did, but some of them definitely got a kick out of it.

I am grateful that even when I'm talking about unit conversions, I can still have a little bit of fun at school.

I am equally thankful for a comedian who can be funny, but clean enough to show at school.

Thank God for Heywood Banks!

Lord, thank you for ways to have fun even on the days you least expect to. Thank you for laughter. In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!