Day 653 -- Miss Chelsea

I got to see my friend Chelsea tonight, who is here in the Mitten on a short visit from Washington State.  I feel so thankful that despite both of our busy schedules, we were able to to get together for an evening. 

Chelsea just happens to be a former student of mine.  Over the years, we have remained in touch, and now I consider her a very close friend more than a former student. There's not any of that weird teacher-student vibe between us, and most of the time I forget that I ever taught her at all...it seems like it was a part of another life, almost.   We relate to each other on many levels, so the conversations vary from intense and deep to flippant and sillyl.  I feel blessed to have this amazing girl in my life.

Anyhow, we took AJ and Dharia with us and hit the town shopping.  We drank coffee, talked about life, and laughed.  It was incredibly refreshing to see her sweet face.  The girls took to her immediately, talking her ear off and calling her "Miss Chelsea".  We went to Macy's to look at boots, and Chelsea snapped this awesome picture of the girls, who proceeded to then drag her about the entire store:

She loves my kids, but she loves and listens to me, gives me the benefit of the doubt, and makes me feel important.  I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to see Chelsea on her visit here.  It was a fantastic evening!

Thank God for Miss Chelsea!

Lord, thank you for a fun night with an awesome friend.  Thank you for bringing her into my life and for the chance to spend time with her today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!