Day 654 -- Clean Kitchen

There has been a "smell" emanating from my kitchen for about the past week or so.  Although I gave a valiant effort to ignore it, it has steadily gotten worse.  This morning, I couldn't take it anymore, so I attacked the kitchen with a cleaning vengeance.  The tenacity of this effort was truly remarkable.  But, sadly, it was necessary.  The smell just reminded me that it had been several months since my kitchen had undergone a true top to bottom cleaning.

Tonight, I feel thankful that I had the time and energy to tackle what always seems to be a daunting task.  Cleaning the refrigerator alone always seems like a huge hairy deal.  But I made it sparkling before scouring the counters, cabinets, stove, microwave, and sink too.  I mopped the floor and scrubbed the high chairs. 

There's no more obnoxious odor, and I can relax knowing that at least for the time being, I have a clean kitchen.  It's a better feeling than it probably should reasonaly be, but I'll take it.

Thank God for a clean kitchen!

Lord, thank you for small pleasures like a clean kitchen.  Thank you for providing me with the time and energy to take care of it today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!