Day 656 -- Breather

Today was non-stop, from the second my feet hit the floor out of bed.  As a family, we were out the door by 6:20.  As soon as the bell rang to signal the end of the day, I had to run (literally) out of the door to go get the girls and bring them to the Sharp's.  I had a home cross-country meet and parent-teacher conferences and Colby had to take Dharia to gymnastics, so I had to have a place for them to chill until Colby could pick them up. As I sped down the road like a maniac, I got a second to talk to the girls.  AJ kept yelling, "Mommy, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" over and over again which was just awesome.  But at the same time, knowing that I was going to be away from them all night was heart-breaking. 

When I turned into the Sharp's house, no one was home.  Uh-oh.  I called Kathy.  She was at Little Caesar's picking up some Hot 'N Ready pizzas and would be there soon.

Fortunately, I managed in my 100 m dash out of the school to beat the buses out of the parking lot, so I was doing okay on time.  I actually had a few minutes where I didn't have to do anything.  And since I sprinted out of school without a phone, a purse, or a school bag of any kind, I couldn't have been productive even if I had wanted to be.

The afternoon was cool, crisp, and sunny and the leaves of the trees were exploding in a riot of color all around me.  I sat on the porch with my beautiful girls in a rocking chair and just soaked up the unexpected gift of time with my daughters I was being given.  It was like God pressed pause for just a second and allowed me to soak up these sweet creatures and the magnificent afternoon before facing what came next.

I was so thankful for this little breather.  Even though the rest of the night was still crazy, I felt lucky for this opportunity to relax and enjoy what was easily the best part of my day.

Thank God for a breather!

Lord, you are always watching out for me.  Thank you.  Thank you for all the good you put into my life every single day.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!