Day 662 -- That Sort of Husband

Today when I got home from school, I hurried the kids through the door and turned to see my dining room table just absolutely heaping in piles of clean laundry.

I did an inward groan when I spotted it, and petulantly went about taking it up to the appropriate rooms to put it away.

I was throwing myself a pretty good little pity party when it dawned on me that I didn't do one lick of the laundry I was putting away.  Not a single load did I put in the washer, rotate into the dryer, or fold onto the table.  And yet, here I was moaning about having to put it away.

Truly, my husband did the laundry yesterday.  I was feeling sick and miserable.   While I rested, he rotated and folded, all the while listening to the Tigers play on the radio. 

In truth, he didn't just do this yesterday.  He does this every Sunday.  He's that sort of husband.  He does the laundry without being asked.  And while "Acts of Service" is definitely not my love language, I am nevertheless grateful.

Just to add on a little bit, he is also the sort of husband who grocery shops, because I hate it.  Today after I got over putting the laundry away, he walked in the door with bags of groceries and put them all away before I was even done.

And, he's the sort of husband who puts my bike on the bike trainer so I can get in a training ride after the kids who have gone to bed.  He did that tonight too.

And, he's the sort of husband who gets my jammies for me so that after my post-bike shower I can put on clean, comfy clothes.  He did that tonight too.

And he just brought me some Cheez-Its. Win.

He does a million things every day for our family and I am so grateful that he is the sort of husband that he is.

Thank God for that sort of husband!

Lord, thank you for my husband and for all of the acts of service he does for our family to make life easier and better.  Help me to show him how much I appreciate these things.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!