Day 671 -- Lab Jams

Today my students were working in lab all day.  Knowing this, when I came into school this morning I made a "Lab Jams" playlist.  Dorky, I know, but I have to bit careful about what I play at school.  First, the lyrics can't be too questionable.  And second, I don't want to risk getting rotten fruit thrown at me because of my taste in music.  It turns out that high schoolers don't get too hung up on voicing their opinions on things. Who knew? ;)

I settled on some top 40 songs that were good without being naughty.  When I started the playlist, you'd think these kids won the lottery.  They were so excited to be listening to music during class.  It made the atmosphere of my classroom light and fun all day.  I was thankful to be surrounded by happy, grateful -- and sometimes singing and dancing--chemistry students.

Thank God for Lab Jams!

Lord, thank you for a fun and lighthearted day at school.  Thank you for music's ability to influence our emotions and for the way it lit up my students' faces today.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!