Day 672 -- A High Five...and a Pound

Lately whenever I say goodbye or goodnight to AJ, she says "I want a hug!" Not being able to deny her a hug I dutifully go to her and hug her with all my might. As soon as the hug is complete, she says "And a high five!" I slap her tiny outstretched hand before she says, "And a pound!" We pound fists and my daughter beams at me in a way that makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

This cycle might repeat itself in different variations several times before I actually leave daycare or her bedroom, by tonight it ended with an emphatic "I love you mom!"

I feel so grateful to share this little ritual with my daughter.

Thank God for "A High Five...and a Pound"

Lord thank you for my daughter and for the way she brings blessings and joy to my life everyday. Thank you that even goodbyes can make me feel good because of her. In you name I pray Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!