Day 678--Halloween Party

Tonight my brother and sister in-law hosted a Halloween Party at their house. They had pizza and snacks and they live in a fabulous subdivision--perfect for trick-or-treating.

Sometimes it's hard to have things scheduled on a week night but tonight was low stress and fun. It was exactly what I needed to get my mind off of the craziness of the day and get focused on my family.

We had the chance to hang out with my mom and Bob--who we haven't seen in a while--and catch up.we got to talk to Laura and Evan too and see some of Laura's family we don't usually get to. Finally, it was Harper's first Halloween, so we got to see her official costume debut as a very cute watermelon.

I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to get out of the house and have some fun together as a family tonight. I will never forget my kids going door to door getting their buckets filled with candy, AJ eating her body weight in her candy as soon as she got back, Breslin drawing a picture book of how to carve a pumpkin, or Dharia dancing Gangam Style in the middle of Evan and Laura's living room dressed as Ladybug Girl.

We laughed, made memories, an got some amazing pictures of adorable little ones in costume. What more could I ask for on an otherwise Cold and dreary Wednesday?

Thank God for a Halloween Party!

Lord, thank you for a great night full of fun and memories. Thank you for special people in our lives and for the chance to spend time together. In your name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!