Day 679 -- Run with a Friend

My friend Liz and I go way back.  We became friends in middle school, but became especially close in high school, where we were both very serious members of our highly successful cross-country team.  As any of you who have run cross-country should be able to attest to, those ties bind tightly. 

Anyhow, Liz is an amazing person for more reasons than I could possibly hope to list here.  But you should know that she is an incredibly talented runner (she runs and WINS marathons), a great listener, and someone who has an infectious enthusiasm for life. 

Liz has lived in far away places for quite some time and I have missed my friend.  This week she is visiting her parents, who still live in the district.  She called and asked if I wanted to go for a run today.  I was thrilled to be able to spend time with my friend during her visit, so I accepted her invitation without hesitation!

Today was a beautiful fall day, and I was so thankful to run and laugh with Liz.  We spent the entire run catching up, but returned to the school feeling like we had so much more to talk about.  The whole thing was fun and made me feel wonderful about life. 

It was an unexpected, lovely way to spend my time running this afternoon.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to catch up with my friend.

Thank God for a run with a friend!

Lord, thank you for my friend Liz and for the chance to hang out today.  Thank you for a good workout with someone I love and respect.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!