Day 683 -- Barnigan

My girls love to play dress up.  Included in their bin of toys in Dharia's room are princess, ladybug, and pumpkin costumes, several tutus and a collection of sparkly butterfly/fairy wings. 

Oh, and then there's the Barney costume.

For some reason, it remains one of the more popular options with the girls, and Barney makes an appearance at least once a week at our house.

Tonight, AJ had on the bottom half of Barney while sporting a very Gilligan-like bucket hat.

We started calling her "Barnigan".


One thing that I feel so thankful for is that my girls seem to be somewhat intuitive to the feelings and needs of the people around them.  They are more empathetic and compassionate than what I would expect in a 2 and a 4 year-old.  As crazy as it might sound, I think that Barnigan was an example of this.  Barnigan read books, played tag, dusted (!), and colored pictures tonight. Every time I looked at her, she made me giggle. It was as though she was making an extra effort to be silly, just so that the rest of us would have something to smile and laugh about. 

Thank God for Barnigan!

Lord, thank you for AJ and for her efforts to make us laugh  tonight.  Thank you for my girls, who show the capacity to care for others around them.  Please help me to be a good mom to them.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!