Day 685 -- Traffic

Today I was thankful for all of the traffic that I encountered on my way to a professional development.

No, seriously.  I was.

It gave me...perspective, which, let's be honest, is the gift no one really appreciates immediately.  It sort of implies that you needed it.  Like getting gum for Christmas.  Or a bra.  WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME?

Normally, I am on the road so early in the morning that I don't have a whole lot of trouble with other drivers.  The roads are relatively quiet.  I don't have to wait to turn left onto M-60.  Or right for that matter.

So I'm grateful that my normal commute is what it is -- that is, not like today.  Because today's perspective will allow me to better appreciate my trip to school tomorrow...and in days to come.

Thank God for traffic!

Lord, thank you that my normal experience of driving to school is not what I experienced today.  Thanks for giving me some perspective.  In your name I pray, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 162 -- "Showing Us the Way"

Adelai Joy

We Dance...and We Sing...When We Play the Drum!